Thursday, February 21, 2013

LIKE RAIN AND SNOW

There have been some large snowstorms this year in North America. One is presently sweeping through the mid-western States. Those in areas that have been suffering from drought are very happy to receive the moisture.
I don't know why because there are no crops in the field right now, it is winter. Snow and rain falling in February won't help crops grow in April or June, will it? Oh, right. Rain and snow don't have immediate effect. However over time, that moisture makes a huge difference.
God uses that picture from nature to make a very important point that we forget to our great loss.
As the rainand the snow
    come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
    without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
    so that it yields seedfor the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
    It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
    and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

I don't usually experience any immediate life changing effect when I read the Word of God or hear it preached. However like rain and snow, it has made huge changes inside of me over five decades and more. So please keep letting the Word of God fall into your mind and heart: if you respond, it will make you "flourish".
Speak Lord, your servants are listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment