Sunday, December 30, 2012

HIS WAY, HIS TRUTH

A friend emailed me and mentioned that Psalm 86 was one of his favourite psalms. As I read it today (it is already Dec. 31 in this time zone) I thought: "What a great passage on which to begin 2013! " I love the way the psalmist affirms the greatness of God. When our minds are filled with thoughts of the greatness and goodness of God, they cannot be filled with doubts and worries.
"You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you." vs. 5
"Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord: no deeds can compare with yours." vs. 8
"But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness." vs. 15
In the middle of the psalm comes a request and commitment that should be ours, wherever we are and whatever we hope to do in 2013.

Teach me your way,Lordthat I may rely on your faithfulness;give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. vs. 11, 12

Yes! I want to know His way and walk in His truth. In a world of so many attractive things and seductive voices that can pull me away and splinter my focus, I want an undivided heart. I want to listen closely to His Word and His Spirit and then respond in absolute obedience. I want to rely on His faithfulness in a world of rapid change.
If this is our desire and commitment, then 2013 will be a great year for each of us.
HAPPY NEW YEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment